The 2019 Passport to Manhood Program is underway at the Fredericksburg Boys & Girls Club.
The Passport to Manhood Program is an intense mentorship program for young men in middle and high school. The program consists of classes taught by Omega Psi Phi Brothers (mentors) to the young men of our community (mentees). Participants wear a shirt and tie to every event, including classroom discussions. They are given real life examples of success and failure that teach them the potential value and consequences of their decisions, actions, and indecisions. The learn how to become leaders instead of followers, and how to set the right examples even when it is not considered "cool" by some others.
We may also take annual trips to interesting and informative venues. For example, the graduating class of 2014 took a trip
to the Martin Luther King Jr. monument in Washington, D.C. See the tab below for pictures of this event.
The classes are taught on certain evenings at the Fredericksburg Boys Club at 200 Gunnery Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. Phone (540) 368-9531.
Brother Forrest Parker is the point of contact for this program, and receives applications. His e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brother Mark McLaurine is administering this program. His e-mail is email@example.com
Please call us if you or a young man you know is interested or may benefit from this program. The application suspense for the Spring 2019 term is 25 January, 2019.
. Please click on the tab below to view and print applications.
The Passport to Manhood Pledge
- I pledge to honor my Parents.
- I pledge to respect my Elders.
- I pledge to respect my Mentor.
- I pledge to give my best effort in all my endeavors.
- I pledge to complete my homework assignments every day.
- I pledge to seek a non-violent solution to every confrontation.
- I pledge to seek post education/training.
- I pledge to treat all females with dignity and respect.
- I pledge to abide by all laws.
- I pledge not to participate in the use of illegal drugs, alcohol or smoke cigarettes.
- I pledge to extract myself from any situation where I am uncomfortable.
- I pledge to think for myself and not follow the crowd.
- I pledge to be a role model for my peers.
- I pledge to help keep the environment clean.
- I pledge to give back to my community, especially to those who are less fortunate than me.
For returning Passport members, you may use the abbreviated application below.